New President, New Era

New President, New Era

The University of Oklahoma inducts new President, James L. Gallogly; a timeline of his presidency within the university that has reigned for over a year now.

38
New President, New Era

June 19, 2018

Not yet inducted into office, Gallogly already sees plans and future endeavors for OU. As he has said in a meeting, he will NOT increase tuition at the university, nor does he have any plans to increase it, revealing OU was billions of dollars in debt.

July 2, 2018

Announcing a major administrative restructuring plan, newly inducted President Gallogly aims for increasing efficiency on the Norman campus based on counsel from the university's chief financial officer, resulting in the termination of longtime employees.

October 2, 2018

Allows vote to sell alcoholic beverages at football games in upcoming season.

Jan 21, 2019

As a video surfaces in Norman and all around the U.S., Gallogly addresses a social media video pertaining to a student wearing blackface and using racial slurs.

Jan 22, 2019

Attends the Rally To Stop Racism following the racist video in which students criticized him of his leadership during the incident.

Jan 28, 2019

President Gallogly announces the new vice president of operations.

April 3, 2019

Senior Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer names David Horton as OU interim leader for Information Technology.

April 6, 2019

OU President Gallogly condemns racist, anti-Semitic vandalism in a statement to the University of Oklahoma Community: "Much of the vandalism was targeted at members of the Jewish community in addition to messages targeting other ethnic groups and purporting white supremist (supremacist) rhetoric," "I, along with my administration stand with our community in condemnation of anti-Semitic acts and all hateful ideologies or deeds. Such acts are contrary to the sense of community and family that exists."

Shortly after the statement just days later an arrest was made, apprehending the woman.