Orlando Under Fire Again: Shooting At Pine Hills Walmart
Politics

Manhunt is now ongoing in search of the 41-year-old suspect.

53
Flikr

DEVELOPING STORY

In the early morning hours of January 9th, 2017, 41-year-old Markeith Loyd opened fire at a local Walmart near Princeton Avenue and John Young Parkway in the Pine Hills section of Orlando, Florida. The suspect opened fire after fleeing the checkout line. He has shot a female officer and she was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

According to local news station, NBC Wesh2, the suspect was spotted by a deputy at North Lane and Pine Hills Drive as he was pulling into an apartment complex. Mr. Loyd fired at the deputy and then carjacked a vehicle and fled from the scene. The deputy is said to be unharmed. Authorities have swarmed the Pine Hills area near Pine Hills Road and Clarcona Ocoee Road in search of the suspect.
As of right now, there is a manhunt going on and thirteen of the local public schools in that surrounding area have been placed on lockdown as a precaution for the safety of the students and faculty.

Markeith Loyd's history goes well back into the 1990's with him resisting arrest with violence, assault and battery charges, illegal firearms, as well as drug charges and sentenced to four years at the Florida Department of Corrections. In 2011, he was arrested for possessing two ice pick-like homemade weapons and was sentenced to 27 months in prison. As of last month, he's been accused of murdering his 24-year-old pregnant girlfriend last month. Officers right now are on location at the apartment complex going door to door looking for the suspect or anyone that has seen him.

Coming off the heels of the Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting, naturally native Floridians are shaken up.

Please do not approach if you see the suspect, as he is armed and noted dangerous. Police have closed off sections of Orange Blossom Trail and the Pine Hills section in search of the suspect.

This is a developing story with more information coming in as it happens.