5 Ways To Survive Organic Chemistry

5 Ways To Survive Organic Chemistry

As Bill Nye says, "science rules!"

137
5 Ways To Survive Organic Chemistry
Nicholas Montano

If someone asked me to describe organic chemistry, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I have never been in a class that creates so many different emotions. One minute I am smiling, and then the next I am in a full mental breakdown, shoving my face with comfort foods. I know others are on the same boat, so I would like to share 5 ways to ensure you survive o-chem!

1. Memes

These will help you get through anything o-chem related. They are there to help you laugh when you are about to have a mental breakdown after that lecture. Whether it is one specifically about o-chem or about your stressful life, they are sure to make you smile.

2. Tissues

You will definitely need an 8 pack supply of tissues in your room. There will be so many tears shed through the semesters. You won't understand anything that is happening in lecture/lab and you'll be crying of happiness because you received a 50% on that exam. It is better to use a tissue than to get tears on your notebook and make your notes unreadable.

3. Alcohol (if you're 21+)

Fail your exam? Drink a beer. Don't understand what is going on? Drink some wine. Find others in your o-chem class who are on the same boat as you? Have margaritas. Alcohol really helps sooth the pain of organic chemistry. It helps calm you down before you begin studying for that exam.

4. O Chem Friends

They help make the world go around because they understand exactly what you are going through. They understand the pain and frustration of this class. These people are here to study with you, laugh through the pain with you, or help you procrastinate on that organic chemistry homework. Without them, you will be lost so make friends with the kid sitting next to you in class.

5. You Don't

Survival just isn't an option. Give up now and don't even attempt organic chemistry. It controls your life by making you emotionally unstable. It's hell and you will regret every moment of this class.

At the end of the day, you WILL survive organic chemistry and you WILL kick ass in this class. As Bill Nye says, "science rules!" Good luck everyone!