Oreo Truffles Are My Go-To Holiday Recipe — I Make Them Every Single Year

My favorite thing about the holidays is DESSERT. Especially around this time of year, my sweet-tooth goes bonkers.

A family tradition that my Mom, sister, and I have done since I was a mere three years old is making Oreo Truffles before Christmas time. Along with gingerbread house decorating, cookie baking, and putting up lights outside, this tradition is one that I look forward to the most every year because of how delicious these treats are!

I hope that you enjoy these tasty treats as much as I do and that they might bring a new tradition to your family during the holidays.

Ingredients:

(Makes about 26 truffles)

- One packaged block of Philidelphia Original Cream Cheese

- One bag of Oreos

- 2 bags of Semi-Sweet Tollhouse Mini Chocolate Chips

- Wax Paper

- Grinder to chop up Oreos or a plastic-gallon bag and a rolling pin

- Bowl and wooden spoon for mixing

- Cookie Sheet

- Microwave and bowl for melting chocolate

Recipe:

1. Soften cream cheese by leaving it out while you prepare the Oreos.

2. Put Oreos into a grinder/crusher or place in a gallon plastic bag and smash with the rolling pin until it is a fine powder.

3. Further soften cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds.

4. Set aside a small portion of the crushed Oreo powder for later.

5. Mix cream cheese and Oreo powder in a bowl with a wooden spoon (or your hands once it begins to form) until both ingredients are completely together.

6. Chill 'batter' in the fridge for 10 min and prepare a cookie sheet with wax paper on top.

7. Form medium-sized balls of the batter and place them on the cookie sheet spaced at least 1 inch apart.

8. Place balls in the fridge for another ten minutes to chill.

9. After they are done chilling, place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwavable safe bowl and melt them until satisfied.

9. Coat the balls in the melted chocolate and sprinkle a bit of Oreo powder on the top as the final decoration.

10. Lastly, chill in the fridge for at least one hour before eating!

These truffles should be stored in the fridge and will last about 2-3 weeks if stored properly.

Happy Holidays!