Chocolate Covered Pretzels Are My Go-To Holiday Recipe — I Make Them Every Single Year

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the sweets. I'm a big chocolate person, so the fact that everything is fudge covered brings me a lot of joy.

Chocolate covered pretzels are quite expensive to buy, so I did some research into making them from scratch. It's relatively simple, however, there are a few things you need to keep in mind when making them, otherwise they lack the correct texture and flavor.

It's relatively simple: melt the chocolate, dip the pretzels, add the toppings, and let them dry on parchment or wax paper.

Here are some of my tips:

Candy melts are the best type of chocolate to use as they melt easily, but if you don't have any on hand, chocolate chips work too. Semisweet will, however, botch the taste. Add some butter or shortening to the chocolate chips and put them in the microwave or on the stove to melt them and make it easier to dip the pretzels in it.

If you want to use rods, you can use a tall drinking glass for the chocolate, making it much easier to dip. If you want to use twists, a slightly less shallow bowl should do the trick.

You can add whatever toppings you want to make them look and taste more festive. Sprinkles, a drizzle, toffee, nuts, shredded coconut, or whatever your heart desires.

If you're like me and enjoy everything covered in chocolate, this works for everything. Fudge covered strawberries, Oreos and crackers are also extremely popular in the holiday season.

They make a great gift and are soooo yummy!