20 things you would understand if you grew up in Oreland PA!

Inside of Oreland

7172
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_rJB4Kg-8G.jpeg

Holy Martyrs Carnival

If you were not there on that weekend in September, playing bingo and eating lemon sticks, you did not experience the HMS carnival.

Going to Oreland Pizza everyday.

Pizza and fries with honey mustard ? yummy. Also the people there most likely knowing your order

Driving down Candy Cane Lane 100 times during Christmas.

Usually Garth Road is just a regular boring street in our little town, but during the holiday season it becomes a christmas wonderland with candy canes lighting up the street!

Hanging out at the "courts"

Don't lie, we all did this when we were in 6th and 7th grade. Playing basketball or just straight up hanging out with all our friends.

Hardcore supporting OWLL

You went to every baseball game because either your little brother or your best friends little brother played for this team. The hard rivalry between OWLL and FELL still exists and we take it very seriously. So put the magnet on your car, and your hat and t-shirt on because baseball season is coming up.

Knowing everyone's name because its such a small town.

You most likely knew everyone and their mother, because there is a total of like 20 people in Oreland.

Getting asked where you lived and you have to say "near Glenside" because no one has ever heard of Oreland.

Going to high school in Bucks County, I always got the question “where do you live” and when I said Oreland, no one ever knew what I was talking about. So, my fix to that was “3 minutes away from Glenside. (Or Flourtown)

You probably went to Holy Martyrs grade school, before it closed.

Going to HMS, I met my life long best friends there and we had so much fun. From field day, to dance-a-thon, pig races, and most importantly tombola, the memories will stay with me forever. "Holy Martyrs lead us on in the love of god, we will walk together, hand in hand our Fathers family"

Then you probably went to Springfield High School.

I am actually one of the few people who did not go to this school, but all my friends did.

You always went to the annual 4th of July Parade.

It was the best day of the year, everyone would gather on the streets of Oreland, and watch the floats go by. The best one, of course being the dog on top of the piano. Then after we would all get served free hotdogs

Its only a 3o minute drive to Philly, but everyone would take the Oreland train to every concert.

Going up to the oreland train station on a concert day was just a bad idea. A ton of kids would be up there waiting for the train to take us down to Philly. But on the bright side you could always follow people you knew, if you didn't know where you were going.

You most likely had a membership to the Oreland Swim Club.

We would go everyday in the summer, and everyone was most likely on the swim team too.

You went to Preschool with everyone.

Maybe this is just me, but I feel like I went to the same pre-k as everyone my age that lives in Oreland

Good try getting away with anything.

This would never happen, because your mom would hear it from so and so's mom, who would hear it from someone at acme, who heard it from someone else and so on.

Being so surprised, yet so excited that our small town got its own Snapchat filter.

We not only have 1 but 2 now! And we put it on every snapchat proudly

Going to Springfield H.S football games on Friday nights.

I didn't even go to that school, but I still went to some of these games! Go Spartans!

Going sledding at Christ Lutheran's on snow days.

Every time it snowed and we had off school, everyone would head down to sled at Christ Lutherans Church. I remember there also being a dangerous tree that everyone would try to avoid while sledding and building a bump at the end so no one flew into the parking lot.

Block parties.

This was the highlight of the year. My block has huge block parties, everyone comes out, brings food and has a great time. Every year someone always ends up taking the D.Js microphone and doing their own karaoke.

Getting so overly excited when someone has actually heard of Oreland.

Again, maybe this was just me, but I was always so surprised when people actually have heard of it.

Feeling thankful that you could grow up in this town.

Going to college has made me think of how lucky I was to grow up in my little town of Oreland and how I met most of my life long best friends there. I don't care if some people have never heard of it, it will always be home to me.