An Open Thank You Letter To My Dad

Daddy, I wanted to firstly apologize for not writing this sooner. You deserved it from the get-go and it has taken me a while to comprehend that.

I have done a lot of reflecting lately on my life - things I have, things I've done, and things I've yet to experience. Then I realized you made most of that possible. You have put a roof over my head my whole life. You made sure that I never went hungry. You put me and my well-being before your own and sacrificed so much in order to keep me satisfied and well.

Thank you so much for that.

Thank you for all the times you let me go out and have fun. Thank you for all the times you told me no, even when I got so angry that I ignored you for hours. Thank you for raising me into who I have become and continuing to shape me into who I will be in the future.

I know that I haven't always realized what you do in the background for me, but I have recently. I have taken a step back and reflected on everything. I see now all that you have done for me throughout my life, and I promise it doesn't go unnoticed. I am extremely grateful for all that you've given me from scoldings to weird sayings full of knowledge.

Sure, we have had many fights and still bicker from time to time, but we always get over them. Perhaps it makes our relationship better because we know that we can get through anything. No matter how big a fight or how angry and upset we are at each other, you're my dad. I only have one and I am so glad that it is you.

On top of that, I want to take a moment and apologize. Apologize for anything that I have said or done in the past to hurt or spite you. Apologize for things I may say or do in the future. And apologize for not thanking you enough.

I realize that you've always been so hard on me because you want to see me grow into a strong woman. You push me to be greater and make a better life for myself, despite any obstacles that come about.

Lastly, I know I don't say it enough, but I really do love you so much.

Thank you for being you.