An Open Letter To The Co-Workers Who Became My Best Friends

The real butches of OFLC...

383
Amanda Smith

For someone like me, making friends is so difficult. Even when I make friends, keeping them is such a challenge. It's hard to explain how my thoughts go through my head, but basically I think everybody is lying to me. I always think everyone is talking bad about me as well. It's what makes me so quiet when people see me and why I am so nervous to put myself out there in new places. That all changed when I met two new coworkers who completely broke me out of my shell this summer.

Going back to work for the summer, I knew there were going to be a lot of changes. I was not sure if they were going to be good or bad. You two ended up being such good changes for me. In the beginning, yes, I was a little skeptical, but only because as I said before, I feel as if everyone is lying to me. You two proved to me that if you had something to say, you would say it to my face instead of behind my back. I felt loved by my friends for once, and I didn't feel as if I was being used for my car or anything. It's nice to have friends like you two. You don't understand how much I appreciate you both for all that you've done for me and stuck with me even through the stupidest of fights. I also appreciate you both so much for having such patience with my slow-self. I have such unconditional love and appreciation for the both of you and you'll never understand how much. You're both probably reading this right now saying how much of a loser I am for writing this, and that's okay because... REAL BUTCHES. I know you both say you're not one person, so let me tell you guys what you have both done for me individually.

Christie-

You taught me to not take sh*t from anybody, stick up for myself, and to love myself. I may not completely love myself yet, but I love myself more than I ever have since I met you. I have never been more comfortable in my own skin. As much as I try to hide it, I still have that part of me that's obsessed with finding a boyfriend; you taught me that I don't need a boyfriend in order to be happy. You taught me to be happy by myself. You've taught me how to play the game that guys think we don't know how to play. But most importantly, you made me realize a little bit more what I deserve from people.

Cherise-

You taught me to not believe everything I hear unless there's proof. You taught me not to hold back when it comes to speaking my mind. I've learned to love people again thanks to you (although I still kind of don't like a good amount of people...). You showed me that I don't need to hold a grudge forever and that life goes on. In the words of your son, "It is what it is." It may sound stupid, but you've also taught me to appreciate different ethnic foods (you know I hate trying new things) and to step outside my comfort zone.

From the first moment, I felt comfortable with you two, and I never questioned anything. I knew I could be completely honest and open with you guys. I could never thank you both enough for all that you have done for me, whether it be cheering me up at work when I'm sad girl Manda, or breaking me out of my shell. One more thing, thank you for all of the Spongebob quotes and jokes we have together! I love that I can say something and you guys understand.

Thank you and I love you.

REAL BUTCHES FOR LIFE!! VICTORY SCREEEETCH!