An Open Letter To Whiny Open Letter Sharers

If you have ever shared a "What He is Missing" or "You Should Date A Girl Who ..." article, read this now and know that you need to stop.

3

Dear Writers and Sharers of "You Don't Know What You Lost" articles,

I don't mean to be harsh here, but cut it out. What do you honestly gain from posting that? So you weren't appreciated, did someone tell you you are crazy? Dramatic? Psychotic? Well this is just one person's opinion, but posting a pointed Facebook article explaining how you are amazing and how someone really missed out on you is pretty much fulfilling the stereotype you are so angry about. Not to mention you are making everyone look bad. You make girls look whiny and petty, and guys look like jerks without souls. Saying this as a girl, I am embarrassed when I see those things. It's no wonder people say girls are emotional and annoying, stuff like that IS annoying!

I don't mean to say that anyone should be treated badly or under appreciated, but I am saying there are other, less "Gossip Girl" ways of dealing with that sort of thing. Ever heard the phrase "be the bigger person"? This is the perfect situation to try this out if you haven't before. Instead of searching the Internet for the perfect blog post about how douchey someone was to you, don't. Literally do anything else and it will be a better use of your time. Read a book. Hike a mountain. Try snowboarding. Play Monopoly. You could wash your toes instead, and in the long run it will be a more productive moment in your life.

It seems harsh to say, but it just seems pathetic to be wasting time, breath and space talking about someone who was so awful to you. Wouldn't it make so much more sense to just stop thinking and talking about them all the time? If you were allergic to a certain carpet would you leave it in your house and complain about how you break out every time you are near it? Probably not because people would just assume you are seeking attention. So why do you do it when it comes to bad friendships and relationships? I just don't understand the obsession with complaining about every little thing other people do. Life is tough, I am pretty sure every movie, book and song tells you that! How have you not caught on yet? People aren't always going to treat you as well as you want them to, and the way you react to it says a lot about who you are.

Have you ever known someone who is always telling people how nice they are? Literally every bad thing they say is prefaced by "I wouldn't normally do something like this, but in this situation...". All the sudden you realize they say that before almost everything they do and all in all they are not a great person.

Don't think you got away if you are also one of those sharers who enjoy the "you should date a girl who (fill in the blank)" articles. You are just as bad, my friends. And I don't hate you for it, I just want you to stop now. When you are posting those articles, you are obviously saying that you are one of those girls that you think people should be dating. We get it! Think about when someone shares a "You Should Date a Girls Who Loves Sports" article. All they are doing with that is hoping boys think they like sports and that someone will notice it and will magically want to date them. It's desperate and everyone sees right through it.

So maybe we should all just give it a rest.

Sincerely,

Everyone (I'm pretty sure, or maybe it's just me)