Open Letter To The Colege Freshman

Open Letter To The Colege Freshman

Make the best of those four years

9
Open Letter To The Colege Freshman

Dear Freshman,

We have all been there once and we know the feeling! Before classes start you are probably feeling anxious about everything. I'm sure you're thinking about what is going to happen if you get lost, if professors are really as hard as some people say, is there actually going to be a lot of studying to do, what am I going to do for fun, and how am I going to meet people? First I would like to say stop and take a deep breath! Take every day one moment at a time. College is not easy but with the right study habits, people, and tips you will make it.

Freshman year can either make or break you. There is a big difference in high school and college! Some high schools do not prepare students for college so do not be surprised if you get a little behind on the way, it is all about picking yourself up when and if you fall. Sometimes you may get overwhelmed but almost everyone does so don't beat yourself up about it. You will probably have multiple weeks where you have different assignments due, tests, and papers for different classes, the key is staying organized. I recommend buying a planner/notebook to write down assignments and make a to do list in. This will help you stay on track. So when it comes to that paper and assignment stay ahead of the game and don't procrastinate; even if we all do it, try your best not to! Stay ahead on your readings and you will be prepared for lectures and test.

Once you start college you are officially on your own. You are an adult now so don't depend on everyone to carry you along. If you have a problem fix it yourself, don't start dram with people....this is not high school so mind your business. I also would advise that you set an alarm to wake yourself up, your parents are not going to be there to call you and if you're late most professors deduct points.

But even though college is a lot of work and studying there are fun aspects. Don't forget to make the best of your four years and try everything you were always afraid to growing up, find yourself, and prepare for your future; that's what college is all about.

Sincerly,

The senior