A Letter To Sophomore Year

A Letter To Sophomore Year

Year 2 at the Lu- Please be good to me.

5
A Letter To Sophomore Year
callutheran.edu

It’s the dawn of a new year. I no longer have to be called a freshman. I no longer have to take all of the beginning freshman classes and I now have a better shot of actually learning what I wanted to learn in the first place. I actually know where I am going when I walk around campus and I am happy to say that I’ve actually made some really good friends. So Sophomore year, what I am asking of you is, please be a good one.

I would be kidding myself if I said that I wasn’t expecting a lot from you. You have a lot to hold up to, considering freshman year was one of the greatest years of my life thus far. There is a lot that I plan on accomplishing and there is no lying when it comes to the fact that I have already been planning what I want to do once the school year begins. To put it simply- I’ve put a lot of hopes and dreams into this upcoming year, so don’t mess it up.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t just a little apprehensive about starting the next year. Freshman year was easy. It was a breeze- and now everything is going to start to count. Scary as that might seem, and as daunting as that might be, there is a lot of truth in saying that I am more than excited to be starting another year.

There is a lot of happiness in the fact that I am no longer a freshman. And there is a lot of possibility lying in the year ahead of me. New people, new friends, new classes, new roommates- but I guess the hard part is truly behind us. We no longer have to be known as the new kids and we no longer have to look like lost puppies as we make our way from class to class. It’s almost as if we have finally found some sort of sense of belonging and necessity to the campus in which we call our home- and I guess that our school is now officially our actual home.

There are many dreams, hopes and wishes that I have for everything that is coming this year, but the most important thing is, I pray this year will be the same- if not better- than the last.