Open Letter To My Toxic Friendships

Open Letter To My Toxic Friendships

You don't know me.

8
Open Letter To My Toxic Friendships

I guess what Khalid said was true, right? We're all just young, dumb, and broke. We don't deserve each other. People should be able to find comfort and safety in their friendships, but all we have is stress and pain. I tried so hard to be there for every single one of you. I listened to you whenever you wanted to rant. I cared about you. But what's sad is that after all the energy and time I've spent trying to be there for you, I was the one being named the bad person or someone who didn't care. And on top of that, I had no one to talk to about my own issues. Whenever I spoke about something that hurt me, you didn't listen because all you cared about was how you're going to get through it. I have insecurities, and I have feelings too. Have you ever put yourself in my shoes, just for once? Have you ever thought that there maybe is another side to a story? We could've avoided this. You want to know how? BY COMMUNICATING!! We need to stop the childish act. You tell your parents to stop treating you like a child but the way you handle situations is like a child. That's stupid. Cut the crap. Your actions affect other people's actions. It's so sad that I have to sit here and debate whether I should trust you or not. I don't tell you everything that goes on in my personal life and that just shows me how much you don't know me at all. Someone can do bad things, but that doesn't make them a bad person because we all make mistakes at some point. But it's not for you to judge. You don't get to tell people who they are. And then what makes me the most angriest is how you tell me what goes on in my life. You literally told me that I don't have anxiety and depression because I wasn't diagnosed. You don't have to have a diagnosis for a disorder. It's pretty much obvious that I have it because I show the majority of the symptoms of anxiety and depression, even my own therapist said so. But you're not the doctor. So, I shouldn't have to listen to you. You can keep your opinions to yourself. If you don't think that I have anxiety and depression, you can go ahead and believe that all you want. But the moment I find out that I do have anxiety and depression, I really hope you regret everything you once said. I hope that maybe, one day, you would not judge a book by it's cover because you don't know me. And that's fine, but don't sit here and tell me what I do or don't have. It's not your place. But anyways, I hope that maybe we can resolve this and all become friends again but all of us need some time apart. I'm just done being involved in such a toxic friendship. I took a lot of everyone's crap because I was scared to defend myself. But I'm done with that. If I have something to say, I'm going to say it. No more being thrown under the bus. I'm moving forward and I'm working really hard on becoming better as a person. If you want to be a part of that, then great! I'll welcome you. But there has to be boundaries and things we need to work on to make our friendship the healthiest it can be. But if you don't want to be a part of that, then that's alright too. I wish you the best of luck in the future and I hope you find everything that you're looking for. That's all I have to say.

Forever & Always,

Dasha