An Open Letter To My Siblings

An Open Letter To My Siblings, Thanks For The Lifetime Of Memories

Yes, all nine of you.

129

To my brothers and sisters,

I just want you to know how loved you are by me. Since the moment I knew of your existence, I have been obsessed with being a part of your lives. Over the years, I have known some of you longer than others, been closer to some than others, but I have loved you all equally. I have been able to watch most of you grow up whether from a distance or under the same roof, or both. You each have impacted who I have become and will continue to grow to be.

I have been inspired by you all, I want the best for you, and only ever tried to help you even if you saw it as an attack. For some of us, we share the same sperm donor, and for others, we share the same wonderful mother. For some of us, we have been there from the very beginning, and for others, we have been there when we could be.

I wish I could say something specifically to each of you because you have each had an individual part in my life. But the thing that each of you have in common with me is a memory. I remember every up and every down with each of you. I remember the distance, the love, the late night scares, the early morning breakfasts- with almost all of you. Disagreements, belly laughs, pain, resentment, sadness, happiness- this is all something that I have felt with each and every one of you. And I couldn't think of anyone else that I would rather call my siblings.

I know that there are many times when I can't do things right- I get in the way, I get on your nerves, I don't follow through on promises and plans, I struggle to say the right things, the list could go on. And I am truly so sorry that I'm not the best at all times. But I do what I can when I can. Sometimes I may not like your decisions, sometimes I may think you're making the worst mistakes of your life, sometimes I try to control things. But that is because I love you. If I didn't, I wouldn't care if you screwed up your life.

But I also have your back. You need me? If I can be there, you got me. You want to talk? I'll stay up all night with you. Someone hurt you? I might not do anything to them, but I will praise you and put you on a pedestal. You want to take your frustrations out on me? I can be the punching bag (sorta). You need a babysitter? Shoooot, I'll do it for free and will be the best aunt there is.

I suck sometimes. And I'm sorry about that. But I'm lucky to have y'all. And your lucky to have me... duh. Without me, imagine what your life would be like.. dull and boring because I am the light (insert dramatic hair flip).

While I am more than blessed to know each and every one of you, I can't help but think about the one(s) I don't know. For some people, they would rather not know their siblings. And I can respect that. But for me, family is too important to not keep up. So while I may not be allowed to be known, I'll just keep saving the pictures to my phone to keep up. It's not my first rodeo.