An Open Letter To My Girls

An Open Letter To My Girls

During a time of the year where we are all thinking about what we are thankful for, my girls are on the top of my list.

233
An Open Letter To My Girls
Alexis Mills

To My Girls (you know who you are),

Where to start?

You have shown me unconditional love. I couldn't be more grateful to have people I can be my authentic self with. I have realized, with experience, how special, valuable and rare it is to have true, genuine friends.

This is starting to sound more like a love letter, but honestly, I think it's better than one. Because I have people that will always be there. Through different stages of life, celebrations, disappointments, boyfriends; Everything.

Thank you for being people I can talk openly with, who push me and encourage me to be my best self. No matter the conditions in my life or your life I know you will be there and the same to you. If you ever need someone to cry to, to laugh with, go on an adventure with, I will be there.

I am writing this to you because I don't think friend appreciation is said enough. I am constantly seeing articles and posts thanking their significant others. But, there is not often enough the same gratitude to the friends that stay by our side through it all.

"Close friends are truly life's treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone," said Anonymous.

During a time of the year where we are all thinking about what we are thankful for, my girls are on the top of my list. Somewhere along the way, you became part of my family. I couldn't imagine my life without any of you.