Open Letter To My Female Celebrity Idol

Open Letter To My Female Celebrity Idol

I can only hope to get to meet you someday, even if it’s only for a couple minutes or seconds...

33731
Open Letter To My Female Celebrity Idol
Jessica Pinero

To the famous woman who is considered my favorite, my idol:

I know that you probably will never see this and that you most likely don’t know who I am or that I exist, but that doesn’t stop me from being an active fan of your work and of you as a person. Really, if you think about it, it’s a sad little relationship: I know who you are, you don’t know who I am, but through the power of your talents and public appearances on the internet and T.V., it’s as if we are connecting.

Everyone needs an inspiration especially in this day and age, and inspiration can come from anything or anyone and can affect a person of any age. I want you to know that you are my inspiration and it is through your work that I find at least some force of determination to reach my dreams. After all, isn’t that what you somehow did? I keep up to speed with new interviews and new projects you are part of and I can’t help but get excited when your name is mentioned. What can I say? You are just that amazing to me.

Now don’t get me wrong; my constant admiration for you does not stem from my inability to love my unique self. Not really. However, role models, no matter how many someone may have, serve as a tool of inspiration and while many (myself included) have personal role models in our personal lives, those who are famous can add just a little something special to the everyday journey of life. That journey needs to have idols of both genders and as a woman, other women who do great things and have incredible talent is empowering.

That’s what you are to me.

Though I may have only seen you on a screen or your star on the walk of fame (or any other indirect method of “seeing” you), that hasn’t gotten to me. I can only hope to get to meet you someday, even if it’s only for a couple minutes or seconds, so that I can hear what you have to say. For now, I’ll continue to admire such projects and achievements you’ve done and continue to be a loving fan of you. Isn’t that what celebrities always thank besides their family and coworkers? Your fans are true and I’m glad to be a fan of you. Keep being awesome.

Sincerely,

An adoring fan