To My 10-Year-Old Brother, From The Luckiest Big Sis In The World

You are the best little pal a sister could ask for.

483
Instagram / @alaina_jacques

Hey buddy, you just turned 10 years old and I'll admit I am getting a little sentimental.

I wanted to write you this letter to do a few things actually. One I want to thank you for coming into my life and being such a fun person to have around. Two, I want to give you some advice because what is an article from me without a few tips to move on with, right? Three, I just want to remind you how great you are and how much you can accomplish in life.

I am sure you kind of already know this story, but the night mom told us she was having you, I thought she was telling us we were going to DisneyWorld. You can imagine my disappointment...

Having said that, I did get excited about having another sibling, just having one little brother to boss around and fight with, was getting a little boring.

When you were born everything changed. I changed. I was staying home to help you, play with you, and you became my little buddy.

You quickly became the focal point of family gatherings, Facebook posts, and truly the center of attention. This was because well one, most babies are, but two you were literally good at everything.

You were dribbling basketballs when they were bigger than you were. You could throw a baseball farther than I could. You even made it on the news trying to play basketball in 10-degree weather with the snow taller than you. Like seriously?

This leads me to my next point perfectly. You are a pretty great kid...

You, my friend, have the incredible ability to take on any sport and excel at it. You are super caring and want everyone to be kind and get along. You're better at math than I am (not saying too much, but you get it). Your jokes are getting better and better each time I see you and you surprise me with how witty you actually are.

You can accomplish anything you set your mind to buddy. You have so many talents, such great qualities, and you will succeed in whatever you want to. Just make sure you don't forget who taught you everything you know when you do!