Open Letter To My Sister

Open Letter To My Sister

I love you and don't ever forget that, no matter how bad the fight.

21
Open Letter To My Sister
Alyssa

Dear Sister,

We fight. We laugh. We cry. We experience life together for the majority. Although you probably think I hate you most of the time, I do love you very much. I get bossy because I want to make sure you always do the right thing. I snap at you because for some reason I think you know better than what you had just done. We have a little over 4 years age difference and for some reason this confuses me now. I treat you like you are an adult, even though you are 15. Then I turn around and treat you like a child, even though you are 15. I want to be your sister but I keep ending up as your parent. I don't want to boss you around either, and I will work on that. Truth is although you lack common sense every now and then, you are extremely bright, responsible, and strong willed. I love animals but I get so scared of hurting them that sometimes I can't do what they need me to do. You on the other hand just do what needs to be done. I admire that in you. I struggle with being controlling and I am sorry if you ever thought I hated you. I get upset, but I could never hate you.

I have a few memories that I cherish and I would like to share them with you.

First, do you remember that time we both stayed home and watched Aquamarine? You must have been about 5 and I was maybe 10. Mom brought us to the store and bought us Hawaiian Punch, Leis, and some gummy worms like they eat in the movie. It was such an amazing time. Do you also remember when we spilt the fruit punch on the white, or as white as white can be with two dogs and three kids, carpet?

Second, do you remember all of the fairs we would go to with Grandma and Grandpa? Every super hot and humid 4H fair. I had so much fun running around with you and taking pictures in all of the cut outs. Milking the wooden cow. Being completely fascinated by the man who would stand in the bee cage, and then when Grandma would buy us the honey in the plastic tubes. I also loved going into the animal tent and begging whoever we were with to buy us bunnies and ducks. I love these memories with you.

Third, do you remember all of our trips to the beach? I am so excited to spend a whole week with you down the shore this year! We can take some updated sister pics in our matching bathing suits! I love you so much!

When we fight I want you to remember that is just because I love you so much and can't control myself. I am trying so hard to not to be controlling and I will continue to try. I hate fighting with you but it is just something sisters do I guess. I love you always and can't wait for our future sister talks.

I can't wait until you read this article, I'm sorry that I wouldn't let you read it but now you know why. <3