An Open Letter to My Future Students

An Open Letter to My Future Students

From Your Future Teacher

3
An Open Letter to My Future Students
Personal Photo

Dear future students,

The idea of seeing you everyday is what drives me out of bed in the mornings. Dragging my butt to those 8:30 am classes, doing endless modules and lessons, learning how to be the best teacher I can be for you. Staying up all hours of the night doing lesson plans, edTPA preparations, studying for my CAT, creating my classroom management plan, and daydreaming of when you will be sitting in my classroom. I do all of these things for you, all of you.

I cannot wait to be in the classroom, getting to know all of you. Learning your thoughts, input, and feelings. Helping you learn and grow. Most importantly, I cannot wait to see how you will change me.

Each and every one of you, my future students, will shape who I end up being. I cannot begin to express how excited I am to watch myself grow because of all of you. I can honestly say that having you all in my classroom in a few years is the only thing pulling me through the all-nighters. Well, that and the Red Bull.

In our classroom I want you to know that you are all many things:
You are Amazing.
You are Important.
You are Leaders.
You are Explorers.
You are Creative.
You are Friends.
You are Unique.
You are Authors.
You are Scientists.
You are Mathematicians.
You are Readers.
You are Dear to Me.

You are the reason I do what I do. I love you all dearly, even though I have yet to meet you.

With much love and excitement,

Your future teacher.