An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

Thank you for making love feel so easy.

72155
An Open Letter To My Boyfriend
MItchell Greene

Dear boyfriend,

Hi, sunshine! A while ago I wrote this letter and I honestly did not think that my very next boyfriend would be one that would meet and exceed my standards. And I definitely did not think that I'd be dating you either.

I'm extremely happy that you're a part of my life. You make me feel so warm inside and I'm becoming a better person because of your support. Thank you for believing in me when I feel like I am incapable of doing even the littlest of things.

Thank you for being patient with me when I'm jumping to conclusions. Thank you for always being level-headed with me when I can't think straight. I'm sorry that I can become so mean, but I really don't want to hurt your feelings when I am mean.

Thank you for being so good to me especially when it's hard to because I know that I'm definitely not the easiest to deal with. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve someone like you but then again I forget that I'm actually a good catch myself. I've always wanted a boyfriend that treated me as well as John treats my older sister. And here you are! Out of nowhere. So thank you for everything.

Oh. Thank you for loving my cats as much as I love them. I know Hamilton is still a little scared but that's just Ham. Kat loves you as much as I do and that makes my little heart so happy. I really want to adopt more fur children but thank you for reminding me that I can be patient and wait to be a better cat mom to them.

I hope I make you as happy as you make me. I've fallen very hard for you and you make my little heart feel so full! I am so surprised that you are such a big part of my life but I'm so happy that you are. I'm not complaining about it at all.

I appreciate you so much more than I lead you on to believe because I can't always tell you since your love language is not words of affirmation like mine. I care about you so much and just, wow, thank you for being a part of my life.

On a very serious note, I know we all have our own problems, so thank you for helping me deal with mine while simultaneously dealing with yours. I'm working extremely hard on myself and I love that you support me in all that I want to do. Thank you for holding me when I cry and listening to me when I get into a bad mindset. I want you to know that I'll do all that is in my ability to also be there for you when you're not doing so well yourself.

I hope you know that you have my heart and that I will not stop announcing to the world that I have someone as great as you in my life. I'm sounding a little repetitive at this point, so thank you, again. Thank you for loving me and thank you for believing in me.

I also hope that you know that I think you're absolutely wonderful and honestly one of the best people I have had the pleasure of getting to know. You're so much greater than you think you are sometimes (and I know that it can be a lot).

Love always,
your girlfriend