Open Letter To A High School Senior That Got Accepted to Hunter College: Incoming Freshmen Edition

College Applications are stressful but choosing the right college is even harder.

336

Dear High School Senior,

I want to begin by saying congratulations on getting accepted to Hunter College! Going through the college application process and getting accepted to a college is a very stressful and long process. But you have made it through one of those hoops, you have been accepted to one of the greatest CUNY's and you have a future to look forward to. However, choosing which college to go to is another difficult process.

Although I do not know a lot about Hunter College myself, I have seen a lot during a tour of the college and have heard great things from my friends and college counselors. Since I am an incoming freshman myself I will begin with why I chose Hunter College. One of the reasons many people choose Hunter is because of the location. Hunter is in the middle of the city where there is access to a lot of opportunities and resources.

The location of Hunter is attractive to many students and Hunter has its own stop on the 6 train. Another reason why some people choose Hunter is that they want to stay closer to home, this is the case for some students who live in New York City like myself. There is also a variety of majors and minors offered at Hunter that appeals to many students and pre-professional advising offered to students who are interested in any pre-professional programs.

I am interested in the pre-health program and I have heard that there are a lot of opportunities and advising resources for pre-health students. In addition, in this time of a public health crisis many people are facing financial hardships and Hunter is affordable compared to other colleges in the city.

Hopefully, as I begin my own Hunter journey whether it be virtual or in person, I will be able to offer you more advice and information about Hunter and the programs/opportunities Hunter offers for its students. In the meantime, I hope that wherever you choose to go to college whether it be Hunter or not that you will have an enriching and great experience.

Sincerely,
Shanjana