Odyssey Template: An Open Letter To The High School Senior Who Just Got Accepted To Your School

You know exactly what their next four years look like — so tell them.

1685
Odyssey

Everyone who has gone or is going to college remembers what it was like to be a high school senior waiting to start their freshman year.

You are excited, but you also have so many questions.

How To:

Here's where you come in! In this open letter template, you are writing to that high school senior who will be at your school soon. Let them know what they can expect, and what they should look out for.

This letter should be heartfelt, funny, and provide an inside look to a life this person is about to embark into.

Then, follow these steps:

1. COPY the text in between the begin and end template sections below
  2. PASTE it into a new post in Odyssey's CORE
  3. Fill it all in and add photos
  4. Submit under Community: Student Life for a chance to be featured on Odyssey's Facebook and Instagram
  5. Don't have an account? CREATE ONE.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

Cover Photo: a picture of you and or your friends on your campus!

Begin with a brief intro of 3-4 sentences. Give your reader a congrats on getting into your school before telling them what they can expect.

Let them know what freshman campus and or dorms are best and worst.

[Write a few sentences on this providing more context and explanation]

Tell them a little bit about the city/town your school's campus is in.

Breakdown the best places to eat.

Breakdown the best places to legally drink.

Talk about the best sporting events/school spirit events to attend in person (and which ones to avoid)

Talk about your campus's various climates (and what clothes they should pack accordingly)

Explain a saying, phrase, or inside joke that only people on campus understand

Wish them luck for the next four years!

END TEMPLATE

For more inspiration, check out this article to see what the final product should look like:

To The High School Senior Who Just Got Accepted To The University Of Wisconsin-Milwaukee