To The Youth Of America: Start A Rebellion
Politics

I am calling for action!

6
Wikimedia

History was made on November 9, 2016 as Donald J. Trump was elected to be the 45th president of the United States of America. This concluded what is thought by many to be the most controversial election in all of history, as well as devastating many Americans.

His rhetoric has proven to by misogynistic, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, racist and just plain stupid. I personally thought America understood that this man was not meant to be President.

But clearly it’s fallen on deaf ears.

Sources say that he plans to roll back the LGBT rights. He plans on putting a ban on Syrian refugees, who seek safety from the war torn streets of their home country. Anyone practicing the Islamic faith in this country now fear for their rights, their safety and their respect. Not to mention how sexist he is. And still, someone among us saw potential in this horrible man.

For those who supported him, I ask you: Why?

Since when did hate and discrimination make America great?

Are we going to revert back to the separate buses, separate fountains, separate schools? Will women lose their right to vote? Are we going to refuse rights to the LGBT community, who after decades of protest, have earned their rights to join the military and get married? Are we going to deny Muslims an entrance into public places, simply out of fear, based on their religion? I fear that with a man like Donald Trump in the White House, we will. If this is to be, never have I been more ashamed to be American. And it seems to me, Democracy has failed.

Look at all these great people: Fredrick Douglas. Harvey Milk. Susan B. Anthony. Abraham Lincoln. Malcolm X. Martin Luther King Jr. John F. Kennedy. Robert Kennedy. Rosa Parks. Harriet Tubman. These people had a vision of equality. Did any of them just sit back and go along for the ride when they saw something wrong with the government? No. They took action. These people dedicated their lives to shape America the way it is today. And I swear to God that if they saw what America has become today, they would be terrified, like how most of us are.

We are scared, but there is hope.

Even in our darkest hour, there is hope for us. But here is the thing. I might just be a writer for an online newspaper… and yes, that’s what I am. And this article you are reading now might just be one of the many reactions to Trump winning the election. Social media has become the center of activity for it. My facebook page personally.

But here is the thing: words mean nothing.

This article you are reading right now might be pointless because it’s just words on (digital) paper. Like most of your Facebook statuses and Tweets. They are just words. Complaining and writing your thoughts doesn’t mean. It doesn’t anything if all you’re doing is reading this and nodding your head. You know what you want to say, but what you going to do? Pray to God, Trump hears you, and takes back all the hateful things he said? No! If anything, we have already accepted defeat, and I will not stand for it!!

I am calling all of America’s youth, America’s future to start a revolution.

Our voice must, can and will be heard. But we need to make it so it does. Sitting down and dealing with the next four years won’t make us any better, and it sure as all hell won’t make America great! In the Declaration of Independence, it reads” “But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.” We the people have the right to take action, and the responsibility to take action if the government can't provide the needs of the people.

The question is: How? We’ll I don’t exactly know. But I do know one thing. We need to spread the word. We need everyone to know. We all want to see change, but we all need to understand that we must take action if we are to see change.

My words aren’t going to be enough. Which is why I need your help. Spread the word. Share this. Tell your friends, your family, tell anyone. We all need to come together as Americans and make America great the way We the People, want it to be. Whether you are black, white, Asian, Jewish, male, female, gay, straight, transgender, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, etc.) We must Unite as a true nation, and fight to make America TRULY great again.

God Bless America!