An Open Letter to my People

An Open Letter to my People

Sometimes people come into your life and you have no idea why, until you actually realize why.

22
An Open Letter to my People
www.google.com

Every so often, people enter your life in the most unexpected way possible. Maybe you met them because they sat next to you in class or your best friend dated them. Maybe your best friend rejected them. Who knows? Somehow, someway, these people crossed your path and have changed your life for the better. So thank you. All of you. You know who you are and I don't need to name names, this one is for you.

Dear Best Friend(s),

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have ever done and will ever do for me. I am an immensely intense person to handle and you have handled me with the most patience (or not) and the least amount of fighting, and for that, I'm grateful.

I am so proud of you. Really, so super proud. A couple of my best friends got married this past week, one just moved into their first apartment, etc. Being able to watch you all grow and learn from your best days and your worst days, have made me so insanely proud of the amazing things you continue to do. Adulting the right way!

When I'm at my lowest, you always manage to raise me up. I have never met a group of people who would sing at a wake, until I met some of my best friends. Let me tell you, that takes a special kind of strength and love that only the best of friends can have for someone. You've hugged me during all the unbearable break ups that I never thought I would survive, made sure I got home okay after a few too many drinks, and for that, I am so lucky to have you.

You make my life a thousand times better simply because you're in it. We live in a crazy world where we're told not to trust anyone, not to stray too far away from our homes, don't do this, don't do that. In a world where it's hard not to be depressed or turn into a lone wolf, you all have kept me away from the lonely life and picked me up when all I wanted to do was shatter. You make me laugh endlessly, enjoy the simple things in life (like a well played card in Cards against Humanity) and enjoy my baking (which is a plus, because I love to do it).

Thank you for the love, support, and family (without actually being family) that you've given me.

And with all of that sappy crap, here's to forever making jokes about the one time I got too drunk, the friend everyone wanted me to date and I didn't, the break ups that should have happened way before they did, the hilarious (and slightly disturbing) memories we've already made, and the insane ones we'll be making forever. I love you guys, more than you know, and more than I'll ever actually say in person because saying "I hate you" is much easier than "I love you".

Sincerely,

The Recluse (and Mom) of the Friend Group