An Open Letter To The Friends I've Lost

An Open Letter To The Friends I've Lost

Friends, or not-so-friends anymore
Adrian
Adrian
43

Hi friends, well maybe not really friends anymore...

You come to a point in your life where things need to change. You cannot keep doing the same thing over and over; things need to change, you change.

Over the years, we've spent so much time together; who would've though that only a few months into college we would all be so different? However, here I am, different but you are still the same. It is okay to change, you need to change. Change is good. But when I change and mature and you don't, it becomes catastrophic.

I'm sorry guys, I love you from the bottom of my heart but too much is different. You may be older, and in your second year of college but it gets to a point when I realize that I am no longer in high school and that things have to change. I have moved out, I live at college. It is on myself to make sure I do adult things everyday like eating, laundry, and cleaning. Yes, I receive phone calls from my mom and dad as a reminder, but it is not the same. I needed to grow up and change to fit my surrounding and new lifestyle.

I really do miss you, you were my best friends, my go-to, but I've realized that sometimes you need to let go when the pull is too strong. Thank you for the fun times and all the memories, but you are gone now. I remember the late night, silly adventures, but the thing is they are in the past and so are you. Sadly, like many people I know from high school, you never left; all the drama that happened still rules your life, when there are bigger and better things in life than high school. There are so many better and new times to have, sadly that is without you guys. So thank you for the memories, I know we don't talk anymore but I hope you are alright and if you ever need anything I am here. We don't need to talk every day like we used to, but I'm not kicking you to the curb, I cared about you and still do no matter what. If you ever need anything, I'm here for you. Until then, have a nice life.