An Open Letter To The Boy Who Thinks I'll Always Be There

Never doubt my ability and willpower to walk away.

2487
Plenty Of Fish

Dear __________,

One of the best ways to ignite the flames inside 'your' girl is to not give her the undivided attention she deserves. Whether it is not responding to her texts, making her feel like a second option, or whatever else that causes her to feel far from your priority, please know that you are only hurting yourself. Maybe your mind games will trick her and she will fall into the trap of coming running back to you the first few times, this wont last long. It is just a matter of time that she will recognize the pattern. The time will come when she realizes it is more often that she is waiting on you than spending time with you, and more often she is sad than happy.

Maybe your touch of cockiness is to blame for this, although that only makes matters worse. No girl is going to wait around for you forever. Slap some sense into yourself and realize that you are not the 'Mr. Perfect' you think you are. It is so low of a human being to think they can treat someone like crap yet expect them to be there for them when they're in times of need. News flash, the only way you are benefiting your girl is by teaching her a lesson. That lesson being...how to have a tremendous amount of dignity.

Moral of the story: playing mind games and playing hard to get after a certain point is the biggest turn-off in the history of turn-offs. Your girl is falling less in love with you every last mind game or trick you play. It is simply unattractive and nothing good comes out of it, it's sickening to think that this is how you treat a human being who would do anything for you. Not to mention, one of the few people who genuinely cares about you.

Next time you try to play games, think about what you're doing. Oh and when you send her a good morning text the morning after ignoring her all night, making her mind aimlessly wander as to what you were up to, please know you that need to do a hell of a lot better to make up for it. It goes both ways and two can play the game. Although, I'm not as low of a person as you are. Forget the games, I will walk away. I hope you know how what you're doing to me feels. It hurts, but I'm not going to go around talking bad about you nor will I reprimand you for it. Instead, I would like to say thank you.

Thank you for showing me that you are a waste of my time. If you're still stuck in that part of your life where all you want to do is play games and be immature, then you do you, but don't expect me to stay by your side throughout it. Thanks a million for teaching me to have a crazy amount of self respect, if it wasn't for you I never would have known how to stand up for what I believe I deserve. So thank you for showing me that a life without you is a healthier and happier one.

I truly wish you the best. I hope one day (hopefully sooner than later) something or someone will come along and knock some sense into you. Through all the heartbreak, and feeling dumb for caring so much about you when you didn't care at all, I learned that I deserve better than you. It is sad to me that you don't know how to nor do you want to treat a girl how they deserve. I hope I was a lesson for you. I hope I showed you that your princess wont always be there sitting in her castle waiting for you.

I have my own life to live, my own goals, hopes, and visions. All that you did was make me a stronger person so thank you for you for that. Thank you for proving to me that once trust is broken, you can never get it back. The guy who stayed up late to text me and told me he loved me clearly isn't the same guy who has left me crying myself to sleep night after night. You may think you have me wrapped around your finger, and I may like you a lot, but I like myself a little bit more. I won't settle for less than I deserve. Make your decisions wisely and never doubt my ability and willpower to walk away.

Sincerely, the girl who left.