An Open Letter To My Mom

An Open Letter To My Mom

Thank you...

3
An Open Letter To My Mom
Kristen Amrhein
" I smile because I'm your daughter. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it" - Unknown

As I enter into my twenties, I have realized how much time I don't spend at home with my lovely friends and family. I never felt as homesick as I do now the first two years of college. I'm rarely home because I'm very involved on campus and have commitments to keep to. I truly miss being at home with my best friends and family, but I enjoy my education and my sisters company. Being in college, I have missed the people who have been there for me no matter what. There is one person in particular that I haven't thanked as much as others. Mom, this is for you.

Dear Mom,

I want to start off by saying I love you to the moon and back. I don't always say it or show it, but I do. You are the most important person in my life and you always will be. The both of us have accomplished so much and we don't give ourselves credit for it. You are the strongest person I know. I know that life is extremely hard at times and I don't make it easier for you. You have sacrificed so much and I thank you for that, but you gotta stop it! You need to do things for you instead of always thinking of me. I'm immensely blessed to have you has my mother. Mom, I love you.

Thank you. Thank you for all the materialistic things (because society...) and the emotional things. Thank you for letting me call you and begin to cry. Thank you for caring even though we are 174 miles away from each other (I Mathed!). Thank you for working your butt off so we can live the way we do. Thank you for becoming a teacher so you could help me with proofreading papers. Thank you for all the laughs, smiles, lessons, hugs, and reminding me that I'm loved. Thank you for not judging who I am. Thank you for excepting me with all my flaws. Thank you Captain Obvious. Thank you for being the bestest mom in the world. Thank you for being my everything.

I love you to death mom.

Forever & always.

xx. Your Amazing Daughter