An Open Letter To My Teenage Mini Me

An Open Letter To My Teenage Mini Me

We are more alike than you will ever know.

31
An Open Letter To My Teenage Mini Me

You will never know just how much you mean to me. I see you. I see your accomplishments. I see your struggles. But, then I see me in the past going through the same things. Things you have yet to go through, but will. Just continue to remember I am always here.

First off, let me say that these next few years will be the best and worst years of your life. You will accomplish so many things, like growing out of your "awkward" stage. You will have many heartbreaks, fights with your friends and little do you know but your mom will always be right about those boys. But, you will have the time of your life while the rest of us sit back and watch as you grow into the person God made you to be.

Only you can determine the path you travel but please know when you need someone to help guide you or answer any concerns you can come to me. Chances are I have been through it or got in trouble for it.

You will have days where you hate the world, and that is okay. Just go for a run. Take a nap. Or eat a tub of cookie dough. Just know you will be okay. Tomorrow will come, and yesterday will fade away.

You will have problems with girls at school, that is life. Don't be mean back to them, kill them with kindness. Kindness and a smile is the best revenge.

You will have your heart broken, probably more than once. You will be okay. I promise. At 15 most likely you will not marry the person you are dating then. It is okay to have a heartbreak, they will make you stronger. They will make you grow as a person. They will make you learn to guard your heart until someone does something to deserve your heart.

You will not be the best driver at the age of 16, so please don't think so. We love you dearly ... that is why we criticize your driving skills. Not to make you feel bad. But to make sure you are a little bit safer.

You will learn that materialistic things seem to rule high school, please don't fall into that trap. The brand of shoes you wear or the car you drive does not define you in a certain way. The way you act and your attitude towards others will determine what people think of you. Remember always to be kind to others.

Don't quit the sports you love because you want to have more time to socialize. You won't always have the chance to play those sports. College will come sooner than you think.

Don't lose sight of what you want in life. If you want to be a nurse, strive to do well in school. Being a nerd in school is cool. Being smart is beautiful.

Whatever you do, just be you. Know that I am here for you. I am just a phone call away. I will come get you if you get yourself in trouble. I will come over with a funny movie and a tub of cookie dough when you have a heartbreak. I will tutor you in subjects you struggle with. I will always just be here. For anything.