An Open Letter To My Stepdad

An Open Letter To My Stepdad

Well, more like superdad.

736
An Open Letter To My Stepdad
Journey of Young Woman

Let's just start off by saying you are not my stepdad, you are my dad. You have been there for me through it all: breakups, father-daughter dances and sports. You did not have to do any of those things. It was not your job. However, because you did, you filled a hole that one day would have formed if you had not been there.

Thank you for filling the shoes of the man that walked out of our lives. You did not have to treat us like your own blood, but because you did you made me feel wanted. Thank you for bringing my family in to your family's life, and showing us that many people can be just as accepting as our own blood (even if it did take them awhile to come around to us).

Thank you for giving us a new sibling. Even though it was hard for us to accept them and for them to accept us, we still love each other. We would not have the crazy family we do if it was not for each of us.

Thank you for disciplining me as much as my mom did. It showed that you cared how we acted, and also that you just cared in general.

Thank you for showing an interest in all of us. Yes, it may be hard at times and we may be annoying, but you still manage to love us just the same. Thank you for taking us to our sports and even coaching the teams when you had the time.

Thank you for treating my mom how she should be treated. You always have her back and you always take her side when it comes to us, even if you have your own opinion. It is because of how you treat her that we now know how our significant others should treat us.

So thank you for being the best man you can be to my mom and to us. We love you and thank you!