Here's To You, Sophomore Year, And The Memories And Friends You Brought Me
College

All I can say now is "thank u, next."

651
Photo Credit: Andrea Cox

Sophomore year is finally over and I am not sure how I feel about it. We are over the hill of some of the best years of our lives, am I the only one who is kind of afraid by that? We are done building the foundation for the rest of our college years. Those boring prerequisite classes are finally out of our way and we get to anticipate the real classes for our major.

The best part of sophomore year is saying hello to new friends and staying faithful to the true ones. We found new places to hang because the frat parties are now overrated. We wish for the days that we finally get to hit "the Ville" but realize we still have some time.

We had some good times and some crazy, but sophomore year taught me a lot about life than I could have expected. I take in the small moments because memories of it are all we have now. I learned from the hard ones and became better. I grew this year into a different person it feels like- academically I am better, more focused. Socially, I learned not everyone is going to be in your life forever and knowing the ones that are is comforting.

With junior year approaching, it brings in anticipation of freedom and a taste of adulthood. If you are like me then you are finally done sharing 130 square feet with one, maybe two other people. We get to move into our own houses, that we rented ourselves, with our friends. The feeling of having my own room again is warming, and the thought of being able to make my own food is making me lose weight already.

In reflection, I am happy it happened but I am glad it's over.

Cheers to sophomore year, you weren't all bad.