An Open Letter To The Person Who I thought Was My Best Friend

Without you, I would not know what it means to be a friend.

1137
Unsplash

Dear "Best Friend,"

I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you for making me stronger person without you in my life. Thank you for making me realize that I do not need toxic people in my life who only bring me down and do not believe in me. Without our friendship, I would not be the person I am today.

You showed me how not to be a friend. A friend is someone who sticks by that person through thick and thin and does not abandon them when they need someone to talk to. A friend is someone who believes in that person no matter what and does not bring them down regardless of the situation. You were someone who did not show support, made me feel less of myself and made me believe that I could not be successful in life or do anything for myself.

The day you showed me that you were not a true friend and were only using me because you were bored you showed your true colors and the type of person you truly are. I do not want to be "best friends" with someone who does not value friendship or cares about one's feelings. From that day forward you made me stronger and had me realize that I did not want to stoop down to your level just to have friends that do not really mean anything.

I am glad that we are not friends anymore and do not speak anymore. I do not want to associate myself with someone that always needs to be around people to survive and someone who will choose hanging out with their boyfriend every day and drop everyone else that cares about them, that is how you loose that people that truly care about you. Without you in my life, I am so much happier than I have ever been then when you were in my life. I now know the true meaning of friendship because you showed me how not to be a friend and how not to treat people who truly care about you.

As I said before without our friendship I would not be the person I am today. Not having you in my life has made me not want to put anyone through what you put me, though. Without out you in my life I am a lot happier, a better person, believe in myself and I will always be a better person then you will ever be in any life time.

I wish you nothing but the best and good luck with life.