An Open Letter To My Big

An Open Letter To My Big

"I started college as an only child and before I knew it, I had dozens of sisters. However, you were my only Big Sister"

2
An Open Letter To My Big
Morgan Bentley Holdway

Dear Big,

Where do I start? I started college as an only child and before I knew it, I had dozens of sisters. However, you were my only Big Sister. You were that piece of my heart that I didn't know was missing.

Getting a big was more life changing that I could have ever imagined. No lie, I started scouting for a big the minute I got my bid. I loved so many girls that were taking a little...but I knew with my whole heart that you were my big. Big/Little week was one of the most exciting and stressful weeks ever. I was showered with crafts, snacks, and gifts that showed that you really knew me. All wanted was reveal day to come so I could see if we were paired.

The second you were revealed to me, things took off. I had the girl to call up on a Friday night to hit the town, the girl to call up to study till 3 am during finals week, the girl to watch endless Disney movies and Netflix with, and the girl to support me in everything I do.

You never judge me, you are my biggest cheerleader, you never shame me for eating too much Steak N Shake, you love me for me. I've never had that kind of person in my life. I love being that person for you just as much as having you for myself. When you call me to vent about work, a boy, or just to chat about your day, it makes me feel important. It's good to know that I am someone else's person just as much as they are mine.

You've encouraged me to be a leader inside and outside of our sorority. I never would've thought about taking a leadership position in our sorority if it weren't for you. I don't know why, but hearing you say "You can do it!" makes me feel more confident than ever.

Who knew that it was possible to be the perfect balance of a mentor and best friend. Having you as my big prepared me to take on the same role for my little. I wanted to be just as good of a big as you are. You held multiple positions when you were an active member of our chapter and I want to make just as big of a difference as you did. You left some big shoes to fill and I hope I can be half as good of a member as you were.

To sum it up, thank you. Thank you for the countless memories we have made together. Thank you for the endless support. Thank you for calming me down every time I overreact... which is a lot. Thank you for telling me that I am beautiful inside and out. Thank you for Gossip Girl, Disney movies, and ice cream dates. Thank you for helping me grow as a Panhellenic woman. Thank you for being my person. Lastly, thank you for your everlasting love.

Forever and always,

Your Little