For The Little Cousin Growing Up Far Too Fast

Go to the party, go to the football games, go to the haunted Halloween trails, paint on your wall, dye your hair pink, just live your life.

484
MaryLynne Boyd

It's weird. I've known you since you were a baby, I've watched you learn how to walk, how to talk, how to live. I feel like I blinked and all the sudden you're becoming a teenager. It's scary. To me, you'll always be my little cousin, and there are just a few things I want you to know.

Know that you can always rely on me — if you ever need anything, call me.

I will never judge you or not do something for you. I've made a lot of mistakes, but who hasn't? I never want you to feel like you're alone.

If you need advice or need help with something, just ask me. I can only be in your life as much as you let me. Don't shut me out.

Don't ever feel like something is too embarrassing to talk to me about. You're the baby of the family and always will be in my eyes. I care about you so much. You're growing up so fast, I can't believe it. Everyone always used to tell me to stop and smell the roses, but seriously, I'm telling you to stop and smell the roses. Growing up is fun because you get freedom and to live your own life, but it's also a lot of work and responsibility.

I want nothing but for you to be happy. You'll soon realize that you can do anything, you have the ability to do whatever your heart desires, the world is yours. Make the most out of your life. Create those bonds and friendships that will last forever. Do good in school, tell your parents you love them, and just appreciate where you are and all that you have and all you've overcome. I love you forever and I can't wait to watch you blossom even more.