An Open Letter To Leonardo DiCaprio

An Open Letter To Leonardo DiCaprio

I'll never let go.

45
An Open Letter To Leonardo DiCaprio
Independent.co.uk

To my dearest Leo,

You have graced the platform of film for 25 wonderful years. You have put your heart and soul into every character that you have portrayed. I think I can say -- on behalf of the entire Internet -- congratulations and thank you for continuing to bring us your talents.

You truly deserved this award. There is nobody else in the world that was more deserving of an Oscar this year. Your performance in "The Revenant" was outstanding, just like all of your performances, and I continue to be blown away by every single one of them. You can truly play any part: Jack Dawson, the adventurous poor boy who wins a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to board The Titanic and falls head over heels for a rich girl; Jay Gatsby, the mysterious billionaire who spent his entire life chasing the girl he loves; Dominic Cobb, a desperate dream traveler who is haunted by his ex-wife and must successfully complete Inception in order to go home to his daughters; Jordan Belfort, the rich businessman who uses way too many drugs and will do absolutely anything to make money; Hugh Glass, a strong father, desperate to survive, who can do almost anything -- including survive an awful bear attack -- and so many more.

I cannot even begin to explain my emotions last night. For the full three hours we watched, my suite mate and I were on the edge of our seats. We anxiously awaited the moment when they would announce your name and you would finally get the recognition you so truly deserve. When you got up on that stage, I felt like a such proud Momma. I was screaming and crying and I just felt everything come full circle. It was wonderful to finally watch you give the Oscar speech that you’ve probably been thinking about for 20-plus years.

And may I just take a moment to fan girl? Kate Winslet’s face during your speech was everything. Watching Rose look at Jack with such pride and joy and just pure love was one of my favorite parts of the night. "Titanic" is my favorite movie of all time, and watching you two interact is just breathtaking.

We are thankful for your talent and your love for film acting. We are grateful that you continue to share it with us. You are a hard worker, an advocate for so many important movements, and an amazing man. You bring all of my favorite characters to life, and I don’t know what I could possibly do to show you my support, but here’s my small attempt.

You are wonderful. Don’t ever change.

Love,

Kayla (And every other Leo fan out there)

P.S. - I’m sorry about the dank memes, but come on, they are dank.