An Open Letter to Irreplaceable Friends

An Open Letter to Irreplaceable Friends

For the people in your life that will never let you down

906
An Open Letter to Irreplaceable Friends
robmcbride.net

I’ve never been the person who has a lot of friends, and I never seem to make friends easily. Although, I try to surround myself with those who have committed to being in my life for the long haul, during even my worst days. I am truly blessed to have people who have been in my life for years, and continue to brighten my days. This letter goes out to anyone who is this kind of irreplaceable friend to someone.

Dear best friends,

Thank you for always finding time for me, even when we both have super busy schedules. Even when I’m old and gray, I’ll never forget our late-night Sheetz runs, inside jokes, and conversations about absolutely nothing. The songs that we’ve jammed along to are permanently seared into my brain, including our awful harmonies. Only you can make me laugh until I can’t breathe over something that wasn’t even that funny, and you’re sure to be laughing right along with me.

Thank you for sticking by my side through the worst days of my life, and dealing with all of my bad decisions. You’ve shown me that I am not defined by my faults, but by how I overcome them. You’re always willing to stay up late and have a serious conversation with me, and you’re not afraid to tell it like it is. I’m so grateful for all the solid advice that you have given me over the years. Thank you for showing me that I deserve more than bad boyfriends and toxic people.

I’m not always going to listen to you, even when I know you’re right, (because let’s be real here, you always are) and I’m definitely going to embarrass you in public. However, I hope that I can repay you for all you do for me by doing the same things for you. Thank you for being wonderful and totally irreplaceable. I can’t wait to see what future wild and crazy adventures our friendship will conquer.