An Open Letter To The 'In-Housers'

An Open Letter To The 'In-Housers'

3
An Open Letter To The 'In-Housers'

Dear In-Housers,

With the onset of spring and the continuous warm weather, there is cause for celebration. The semester is dwindling down to the end. With only a month left, I can almost taste summer. The tests and papers and projects have all pilled up and the gleaming beacon of summer and happy hour are the only things keeping me going. I cannot wait for the end of the year. But the end of the year means moving out of the house and that's something I'm dreading.

Not only am I going to have to haul all of my clothes and stuff out of my room, but I won't be living with my sixty favorite people anymore. I'm not gonna lie and say that it's always been amazing. There have been nights where I get no work done and want to cry. There have been afternoons where I want to watch literally anything but Grey's Anatomy. There have been days I hated everyone for using up all the hot water before an exchange. But there have also many so, so, so many amazing things.

There's something special about living-in. A crazy closeness that comes out of spending, almost, all your time with these girls. This is the time where you really meet 'your' people. You find the girls that you'll be friends with for the rest of your life. But you also get to know all the little things. You find out who will go to the gym with you and sit in the sauna for way too long. You find the girls who are always down to go out. You find out who will lay in your bed all day, literally all day, even when you aren't home. You'll find cuddle buddies. You'll find your Friday night happies girls and Saturday morning block girls. You'll find out who has the best closet and who will always let you borrow clothes. You'll find your study buddies. You'll find your best friends.

It wasn't until I lived in that I realized I had found 'my' people. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to live in a house with such hilarious, smart, driven women. This year is when I truly understood that the greek system did it's job. It helped me find my home away from home, with girls just like me. If you haven't yet lived in, get ready. Get ready for some of the craziest times. Get ready and when you do move in, enjoy it. It seems like just yesterday that I moved into the house before work week and now it's almost time to move out. Time flies. This year has flown by, and I cannot even begin to express how crazy and amazing it has been with my In-Housers.

So although the end of the year is glimmering in my mind, I can't imagine living without you in-housers. It's going to be weird next year living in an apartment without everyone. I'm going to miss all the rachet nights and mornings. I don't think I'll ever find a group of girls that could ever possibly compare to you all. I'm going to miss laying on couch and being completely unproductive. I'm going to miss watching Wolf of Wall Street on replay for two days straight. I'm going to miss all the pranks and inside jokes. I' m going to miss heading out in a pack, twenty strong, to the bars. I'm going to miss being able to eat dinner with everyone. I'm going to miss all of the morning after stories. I'm going to miss dance parties in the bathroom. I'm going to miss cuddling in beds that aren't mine. I'm going to miss the sarcasm and the pran I'm going to miss a lot. I could make an infinite all of the things I will remember, but I won't do that now. I want you all to know how great it's been. Thank you for one of the best years of my life with some of the the greatest people. Let's live up this last month in-housers. Let's really make it count.

XOXO,

In-houser