An Open Letter To The Girls Left Feeling Like They Weren't Good Enough

I am here to tell you the truth of the matter.

27
fanpop.com

More than once in a female’s lifetime, she will find herself sitting on the floor of her running shower with thoughts racing through her head about you, and the words you didn’t say. She will sit there and think and overthink about just what it was that she did that was wrong, or what she did not do for you that would’ve been right.

She will seek to know why you felt the need to be with another girl who gave you nothing more than she was giving you. She will wonder why you would call off dates or leave her hanging while you were out partying and hooking up with countless other girls. She will lie awake at night staring into the darkness, thinking of what you are dreaming of during your slumber.

She will shove her face into her pillow to quiet the sound of her sobs, as she cannot seem to get you off her mind. She will wonder just why she continues to give you second chances. She will fall deep into her own sorrows, all because of the words you did not say. Because of the reasons you didn’t give when you robbed her of her heart and soul, and left her with nothing but the ability to constantly wonder just why she wasn’t good enough for you.

More than once, I was the girl who felt this way. I was the girl trying to fix a broken glass relationship, but only ended up getting cut up in the end. I was the confused girl who just wanted answers, and you may be that girl right now, just wanting answers. Truth be told, you may never get the answers you so rightfully deserve to have. You may never know why he decided to hurt you, to leave you wondering just why you weren’t good enough.

I’m not here to tell you that everything is going to be OK. I am not here to sugarcoat the pain you are feeling in what’s left of the heart and soul that you have been robbed of. I am not here to tell you that you should give him another chance. I am not here to force lies or hope into your mind, like believing that he will change, or that he just might come back.

I also understand that at this point you’re probably wondering if I am deliberately trying to hurt your feelings even more. I am not here to hurt you intentionally; I am here to tell you the truth of the matter, and the truth does hurt sometimes.

It is time to open your eyes and face the reality that he isn’t coming back, and he isn’t going to change. It is time to bury what is left of this beaten and battered relationship, and for that you should be thankful.

You should be thankful that you are no longer in a relationship that was cancerous. You were with someone who one hundred percent does not deserve to be loved by a person such as yourself. You deserve much better. You deserve someone who won’t play with your emotions like they’re a game. You deserve someone who is devoted to you and only you. Now that he is gone, you can find what you so rightfully deserve. You should stop wasting your time on something that clearly isn’t meant to be and start focusing on yourself and your future. I know they say that sometimes “things are worth fighting for,” but other times, it’s just best to walk away. That time has come.

So, to all of the young and older men who leave your women, cheat on them, treat them like they are dirt beneath your feet, etc., you didn’t deserve her anyway. I hope one day you find yourself sitting there thinking of her and missing her. You’ll realize one day how you have messed up.

But also thank you. Thank you for leaving us. Now that you are gone, we realize that we deserve so much better than a coward of a man who cheats and leaves out of the blue. Thank you for showing us that we don’t need you, and that we are good enough, regardless of how you feel about it. I hope one day you grow up, and learn how to properly treat women.

To all of the girls who have ever felt this way, take this as a lesson. Learn from it, and grow past it. Never question your self-worth. You are good enough, and you will always be good enough.