An Open Letter To The Girl Who's Never Left My Side

​You were by my side at my lowest, and lifted me back up to my highest.

548
Files

To the girl who's never left my side,

I have always been a firm believer in God placing people in our lives when we need them most. You were luckily placed into mine when I was at my lowest and managed to lift me up higher than ever. Since that day, you've been one of the biggest blessings in my life.

I've told you countless times how much of an impact you've had on me and I think everyone around me knows it, too. You changed my life for the better and helped me see my true potential when I couldn't see it myself. I could go on for hours reminding you of all the things you've done for me, but no words could ever describe how thankful I am for you.

You are the person who I know I can turn to at all times with anything-- and I mean anything. Countless nights I felt like my world was collapsing around me and you were right there, by my side, telling me everything would be okay. You keep me sane; you remind me of my worth; you believe in me when I don't believe in myself. You are the person I know I can text or call at any time and that you'll stop everything just to help me sort through whatever crisis I'm dealing with at the time. I can't thank you enough for that.

Out of all the people I have ever met, I can confidently say you're one of the most selfless and caring ones. You have the power to accomplish anything and everything you dream of. You're inspiring. I hope one day to be half the person you are, and to be able to give you as much as you give to me. I wish to have a heart as golden as yours is. Anyone who fails to realize what a blessing you are isn't worth a second of your time. You deserve all the love in the world, and to be surrounded by people who will give you nothing less than that. Don't settle for anything less than the best because you deserve nothing but the best.

I know that things in my life will get hard and life won't always be easy-- but, I also know that I will always have you by my side: through every bump in the road, fighting along side my in every battle, for the rest of my life, I know you will be there. I truly admire you for all that you are, and all that you've become in the years I've known you. I'm so proud to tell people that you are my best friend-- my person.

Thank you for wiping away the tears, being a shoulder to cry on, for being my voice of reason, for making me laugh, the late night adventures, the endless memories and for all the love you've never stopped giving. Thank you for being the best friend I could possibly wish for.

I love you more than you know.

XO,

Your best friend