An Open Letter To My Future Soulmate

An Open Letter To My Future Soulmate

This one's for you. Whoever you are, wherever you are.

580
An Open Letter To My Future Soulmate

Dear Soulmate,

I'm not sure if you exist. I'm starting to believe you're like some urban myth but this one's for you. Whoever you are, wherever you are. As I write this, I wonder if I've known you for a while, or if I've recently met you. Whatever the case is, the more important question should be: what took us so long to find each other? I've just turned twenty-two and I gotta say, I'm not getting any younger here! This letter won't justify everything I am and everything I want for us, but hey, we have eons to go through that.

If you're reading this, there's probably a few things you should know about me. I'm weird and I obsess over things pretty quickly. I've recently finished Gilmore Girls and decided that Lorelai Gilmore is my one true spirit animal. I'm into alternative/indie music that no one I know ever listens to --and I take great pride in the music I find; I'm sure you'll hear me brag about that. I'm currently on the quest of collecting all of my favorite vinyls but I accidentally broke the needle of my Crosley and I'm scared to even attempt to fix it because I know I'll just make it worse to the point where it's beyond repair. Oh, and if you're ever looking for me, you'll probably find me immersed in some book and then being overdramatic about it when I finish.

But I've been through a lot. I've trusted the wrong people and it's hurt me. You'll notice how hard it is for me to open up to you. How hard it is for me to believe anything you'll say. And I'll need constant reassurance. It's who I am. Have patience, I think it'll be worth it. And know that I'll support every dream and crazy idea you have in your head. I'm here. Always.

I also think it's important that you should know the kind of love I imagine we'd have. It's the kind of love filled with new adventures where if someone filmed it and added sappy montage music to it, people would say, "I want that". The kind where we'd slow dance in the dark to our favorite records (hopefully it's fixed by the time we try to do this).The kind where we'd have the deepest of conversations that enriches our souls. And the kind with laughter that always makes our stomachs hurt. It's the kind of love that always feels like it's only the two of us in a crowded room.

So, soulmate, will you give me the type of love that nobody believes in anymore?

Ever yours,

Jess