An Open Letter to My Future Little

An Open Letter to My Future Little

Soon, I will get to call you "little" and welcome you to our family.

11
An Open Letter to My Future Little
Haley Ashe's Group Photo of AST

Dear Future Little,

Wow. I can’t believe that we are finally here. Throughout all of stress of recruitment, the overload of glitter of Bid Day, we are here, and you are now officially a new member. How excited do you feel? How much love have you gotten from your new sisters?

I imagine it’s probably more than you have ever expected, and that is okay.

Why is it okay? Because you are a part of this team now, you are home.

I am so happy that I get to call you my sister.

Now these next couple of weeks are going to be fun, for the both of us. As you attend each new member meetings, you will learn more about your new sisterhood and the wonderful things that make it great, as well as getting the chance to put a name down on a list for a FUTURE BIG.

And as you attend your new member meetings, I will be getting ready to spoil you, my FUTURE LITTLE.

Oh, did I just say spoiled? Yes. BThere is a whole week given to you, and I can’t wait to spoil you with goodies and love about why OUR chapter means so much to me.

Before I go on, there are some things that I want to tell you, something that I want to make sure that you are aware of when it comes to being MY little.

1. I will be your biggest fan.

While you're in college, you are away from home. Whether you live on campus or not, your parents aren't always going to be involved in what you do. That's where I come in. I am your Big Sis, and I am going to treat you like you are my little one. SO expect me at everything!

And I have four already, I think I've got this down.

And maybe I'll get a shirt that says number one fan. We'll see.

2. I will push you farther than you push yourself.

Sometimes we all have these times where life is just throwing us really sour lemons, and it knocks us down to the point that we are too exhausted to get back up. As your big, I promise to always put you first when you need me. Those late night phone calls, texts, trips to Waffle House, those long drives for nothing just because you want to get away, I'll be there through it all, and I will push you to remember that you are bigger than those expectations for yourself.

It is okay to have big dreams or goals. No dream or goal is UNREACHABLE.

We can do this.

You can get there.

There is so much more to this relationship, and we have so much time to learn about one another.

But we got paired for a reason, let's treat every minute like it's our last.

I love you, Future Little, lots, and I can't wait to spoil you and welcome you to our fam!

Love always and forever more,

YOUR FUTURE BIG