An Open Letter From a Girl Who Loves Ice Cream

Ice Cream Lover
33

I'm a 19-year-old college-athlete who tries to live a healthy lifestyle, but life gets in the way sometimes. I like healthy food, don't get me wrong, but I love ice cream even more. I'm a girl who is comfortable with my weight and I eat what I want, whenever I want. I exercise enough so why deprive myself of the things I love most? It only creates an unhappy tummy, and who wants that? No one.

I have a "happy tummy," and this is a term that I live by. I eat how I want to make my tummy happy. Whether it's healthy or unhealthy, if my body is craving it, I'll eat it, in moderation. I'm not going to deprive myself from eating that pint of Ben & Jerry's Tonight Dough because I want to look like one of those super models on the internet because they aren't real anyways. Food is happiness and why should you make your relationship with food unhappy?

Body image has taken over the lives of millions of people and we live in a society where everyone thinks they "need" to have abs and a pancake flat tummy. You don't need either of those things to be beautiful. Honestly, in my opinion, there is nothing more beautiful than seeing someone's pure joy and happiness while shoving spoonful after spoonful of that delicious pint of ice cream.

So, boys or girls, please eat whatever your tummy desires. Make sure to make your tummy as happy as you can. Don't deprive yourself of things that you love because you're afraid of a few extra calories and sugar. Work out tomorrow and it'll be gone in no time. Be happy with yourself and love yourself because you're beautiful inside and out.