To The Friends Who Stuck By Me, You're The Best!
Friendships

Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.

76
Photo by Helena on Unsplash

Dearest Friends,

After all of these years, you have come to know me, possibly better than I, myself understand the figure staring back in the mirror. So, although it might sound cheesy, you guys are the best and thanks for the support. Youth views a friend as somebody to play with and fill the void until we weren't forced to sit at desks yet, life has proved a friend a more complex idea. A true friend is a part of your family without sharing blood, support when you lose your footing; even a shoulder to cry on when life seems to be ending. Through the years, I've grown as a person, and many of you have been there right beside me, fighting my fights and sharing memories that truly engrossed the complexity of life and different categories of people that enter through every crevice; testing one's existence.

Additionally, as far back as I can remember there was a handful of friends at my disposal; some with conversations based off of eye-contact, others with flamboyant personalities that knew how to enjoy life while they brightened yours and so forth. By the same token, I've experienced what phony people disguised as your friend looks like. There were plenty of ups' and downs, mixed and clouded judgments, but what can I say? We were all young, dumb, and plenty stupid. Our true selves arrived when college hit--further discovery and real-life experiences allowed us to see the cost of adulting and value in everything our superiors directed us towards. Furthermore, life is taking another turn as most of us are continuing our education as graduate students while others are merely testing the waters of real adulthood. To those of which that are seeking a future life away from New Jersey, I'm not afraid to say, you'll be sincerely missed; especially as you all made the cut into my elite group of exceptional people.

P.S.

I know that we'll be in one another's lives until the end of time; the thick and thin, the many rollercoaster rides, even the ugly parts of ourselves are cherished. Besides, no matter where or when we are in the world, the world has its way of bringing people together.

Sincerely,

Mario Castelli