An Open Letter To My Best Friend

I don't say it nearly enough. I don't tell you everyday how much you mean to me, or how much better of a person I am with you in my life.

Because of you, I have someone who I can always talk to, about anything. I can come to you with literally any situation. You understand my anxiety, and can help calm me down without making me feel bad or embarrassed. I know you won't judge me, or be upset when I disappear for a week because I need time to myself. I can send you endless screenshots of conversations, and ask you if I'm being dramatic, or ask you for your opinion and advice. You support me, even when I make decisions you don't agree with. However, you don't sugar coat the truth, and you do call me out when I'm doing something I know isn't good. You keep me in line. You constantly make sure I know how much I am loved, even if I feel like everyone's walking out of my life.

I just want you to know how much everything you do means to me. I can truthfully say I'm not sure where I would be, or what kind of person I would be if we didn't become such close friends. You truly are a one in a million person, and I don't want you to ever forget that. You are kind, you are intelligent, and you really are an amazing and important person. You matter to me more than I could ever express. So thank you, for all the hugs, smiles, and memories. But above all else, thank you for being exactly who you are, and pushing me to always be unapologetically myself too. I really can't thank you enough for being an amazing friend, day in and day out.

We have this thing, where we always tell each other I love you. We start of saying I love you, then I love you too. Then one person says more, and the other person says most. Except today, I want to take that one step further: I love you beyond what words can really express, please don't ever forget that.