To The Friend Who Couldn't Handle Me At My Lowest

You couldn’t be there for me so you tried to take away the people that could.

142
pixabay

You were my rock. The person I went to when shit went south. You knew everything about me, everything going on in my home life. I thought you understood me, the way I was apprehensive to open up to people, how I got so anxious in social gatherings, and how I trusted you so much.

You acted like we would be there for each other always. Promises of support would flow from your mouth but only when I didn’t actually need it.

Our senior year I was stuck in a dark place, losing myself to a void of depression and anxiety. I was being overwhelmed by stress, pressure, and my past. My world was crashing in and instead of fulfilling your promises of loyalty, you ran.

Shit got too real for you, and you couldn’t handle it. I guess it was the guilt that caused you to slander my name. Maybe your jealousy motivated you to try to get me kicked out of an activity that kept me grounded.

I don’t understand how someone you love can try to kill you like that. All the people I looked to for help you tried to turn against me. Your mom, our teachers, my coaches, and people you thought wouldn’t turn around and tell me exactly what you were doing.

I kept the messages that showed even after you just cut me off, I still tried to offer support and love. You ignored them and now you act like you’re the victim.

Believe it or not, I forgive you. What I had going on was too much to handle. I’m grateful you cut me off because it drove me in the direction of people that were actually able to be there for me when things got tough. I’m in a better place mentally and it is because of the support system I have. When you abandoned me, they picked me back up and brushed me off. I would still be in that dark place so thank you.