An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

You are, and will always be, my best friend.

11
An Open Letter To My Best Friend
Beliefnet

To My Best Friend,

I don't know where to start, so I'll just begin with saying thank you. Thank you for being there when I needed a voice of reason. Thank you for always being a warm smile to come to in this cold world. Thank you for all the late talks. Thank you for being there, to help pick up the pieces when it was all crumbling down. Thank you for all the laughs and jokes we've had. Thank you for walking this path of life with me. Thank you for teaching me what I know now. Thank you for not always knowing the answer, but still be willing to help me figure things out. Thank you for being my best friend.

Now, I want to just brag on how much of an inspiration you are to me. When I sit and listen to you talk about your journey, I am amazed. I could sit and listen to you talk about a story for an hour and still be in awe. When you speak, you can hear in your voice the life you've lived. Now I know you aren't perfect, you have flaws just like me. However, the way you embrace your imperfections is beautiful to me. You always have a smile on your face, and I think that's why I love you. I may not have been there from the 1st grade, but in the time I've known you, WOW! You've taught me that the bad times aren't permanent, and that the good times are even better with you. You've always been there picking me up when I wanted to quit. You have taught me that world changers don't always come from the highest points, but the lowest points.

Next, I want to reminisce on all the amazing times we've had. Thank you for the countless laughs we've had. All the times we've laughed until our stomachs have hurt. Thank you for all the crazy night drives, acting like fools. Oh, and we can't forget the FaceTime calls and all the laughs we've had there as well. Thank you for the nights we stayed up late talking about our futures, and how we wanted them to look. Thank you for the moments of pure joy that we've shared together. Let's not forget about the late night taco bell runs or the time we laughed so hard I had to pull over. Thank you for the nights we laid awake talking about who know's what. Thank you for the moments in my life that make me smile from ear to ear. I love you for this!

On the other had, I want to look back on the not so great times. The times that are hard to look back on, you've been there. The times I laid in my bed unable to move, you were there. The times that I cried my eyes out over something stupid, you were there. The times where I was in my dorm, crushed and defeated, you were there. To the times where I was heartbroken, you were there helping to pick the piece back up. To the times where I just hugged you and cried, you were there. You've stayed even when I was a mess. You stayed through all the ugly times, and still thought I was an amazing person. Thank you for staying when things were hard, and coming back.

To the one I can call my best friend, thank you for being you. Thank you for all the countless laughs, tear filled nights, and dumb arguments. You mean the world to me, and I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am to have you. You are, and will always be... My Best Friend.

Yours truly, your best friend.