An Open Letter To My Brother's Future Wife
popular

You are one brave girl.

14469

Someday, I won’t see my brother every day. I won’t be able to spend as much time with him and be around him as much as I’d like. He will be married with a family of his own and we will both end up too busy to talk every day. It doesn’t mean we won’t still be close and it doesn’t mean we won’t still be best friends. However, someday, his wife will be the most important woman in his life and there are some things I’d like to say to that future wife of his. So here it goes.

To my brother's future wife,

You are one lucky girl. Although at the same time, you are slightly unlucky. You are extremely lucky to have my brother to spend your life with. You are a little unlucky because you will have to deal with my family. It sounds like a joke, but we are a lot to deal with. My family only wants the best for him, so although we may seem like we are doing nothing but judging you… we are only making sure you are the best person possible for my little brother. Please don’t get discouraged and please don’t let yourself think that you aren’t good enough. If he loves you, then we will too.

I have watched my brother grow up, and I know that he will be an amazing husband someday. He does have his downfalls however. For instance, his temper can be a bit overwhelming at times. Please be patient with him. Don’t give up on him after your first big fight. He may be overwhelming, but he is one of the most caring people I know. He also can seem a bit insensitive at times. It isn’t that he doesn’t care about how you feel, he just has never been a touchy-feely kind of guy. He does care and he will always be there for you, he just doesn’t know how to show it sometimes.

Don't ever think that I don't like you. Playing the part of the older sister is never an easy task. I only want the best for my little brother. I will always protect him, but I will always want to have a good relationship with you. I will strive to trust you, watch out for you, befriend you and always be there for you when you need me. You will be a part of our family.

If there is anything I wish I could tell you, it’s that this is going to be tough. Any relationship is hard at times, but having grown up with my brother, I can tell you first hand that this is going to be hard. However, it will be 100 percent worth it. Don’t get discouraged, don’t get too frustrated and never go to bed angry at each other. There will be happiness, sadness, anger and bliss, but you have to love each other equally through all of it. At this point in time, I’m not sure who you are yet. You could be my brother’s high school girlfriend, someone he meets in college, or someone he meets later in life. Whoever he decides to spend his life with, I know that you will be great. I wish you two nothing but happiness. And don’t forget, I'll always be here for you both if you need me.

With love,
Your future sister-in-law