An Open Letter To My Roommate

An Open Letter To My Roommate

Throughout the year, you have been so kind and I am really glad we were put together.

117
An Open Letter To My Roommate
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/17/636621277345480324-1563526304_32706692_2006223932786174_2473082404290428928_n.v1%20(1).jpg

Hi girlie!

First of all, I wanted to say that I was really wrong about you. When I first found your Instagram I was really nervous because you were so pretty AND a gymnast?? Full disclosure I assumed you would not be very nice. But wow was I wrong!! You are one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met! Throughout the year, you have been so kind and I am really glad we were put together.

Throughout the year, I have grown progressively more comfortable relaying all my problems and stories to you. I’m sure there are some days where you are definitely not interested in how slow the person was walking in front of me or the annoying person who wouldn’t stop giving their opinion in class. However, I appreciate it. A lot. It is really nice to be able to vent to an unbiased person and to someone who is on my side. I know that we both have our share of stories so it’s cool to be able to catch up with you each day on the wild or boring days we had.

In addition, I also feel so blessed that we have similar interests and personalities. The amount of times we talk about Jenna Marbles videos and New Girl and our similar levels of introvertedness is incredible. It is so fun to be able to sit and watch YouTube for hours with a roommate who won’t judge me because we are doing the same thing. Plus, we can get excited about milestones AND introduce each other to cool channels! I love texting you about all the gossip and my weird dreams about YouTubers and you don't think it's weird.

Also, I really appreciate you taking care of my plants for me. I am honestly the worst plant mother ever, and you have really helped me keep my plants alive. If it weren’t for you, not only would I not buy plants but they also would not be living. I cannot WAIT to grow the family next year!

Lastly, I want to say how excited I am that you wanted to room with me again next year. There have been a good amount of people that are not interested in rooming with their same roommate again, so for us to be lucky enough to not only want to room together, but also already be excited about designing the room and deciding what will be on our windowsill makes me feel so much more excited to come back to school.

Thank you for being one of my few close friends here at college. I had a hard time deciding to come to college in the first place because I was afraid that I would be really bad at making friends. You made it so easy. I really really appreciate it, and I am so excited to come back and hang out with you next year!!

Your current roommate and froomie,

Molly <33