12 Reasons I Only Read Listicles

12 Reasons I Only Read Listicles

12 reasons I only read articles in list form

29
12 Reasons I Only Read Listicles
Kelly Rogawski

It seems as though everyone has an article to share whether it is Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, or another Odyssey article. I spend most of my time scrolling through social media. All of these articles seem interesting but as soon as I open it and see there is no listing of things I really have to consider whether or not I want to read it. Honestly, I doubt anyone is reading this section right now. I know I wouldn’t unless I’m super close to the person or it was that good of a listicle. Here are 12 reasons why I only read listicles!

1. They’re funny

I like a good laugh from time to time and some people are just good at making humorous listicles

2. They’re short

I like being able to go to the bathroom and come out feeling educated on Bob’s Burgers relevance on my life as a college student.

3. I don’t even read my own homework assignments

Your open letter is most certainly not more important than a reading that pertains to my future career. #sorrynotsorry

4. I almost never need to read the paragraph underneath to understand what is being said

Really?

5. I don’t feel bad procrastinating

It’s super short and I can skip about half of the words in the article and still know what it’s about. I’m ready to sign a petition to make all reading assignments in list form.

6. I feel like I’m checking things off a To-Do list and I feel good

I read these lists check to see how relatable they will be. A good listicle is 10/10 relatable.

7. I can get a decent amount of info out of it

The important information is condensed into one sentence and that’s all I need.

8. I like looking at the pictures/gifs

Yes, I'm a hypocrite but did you really want to stare at pictures of lists for an entire article?

9. Lists are easy to read on mobile

Does anyone even read on desktops anymore?

10. They’re relatable

It’s a relief to know that I’m not the only one in the world that would read a list about why tacos are the superior food.

11. I get excited as the list goes on because everything is accurate

I feel like someone understands me and reaching the end with a near perfect accuracy makes me feel less lonely in this big world we live in.

12. I feel that rush of excitement leave and change to disappointment at the end of reading

The article is over and I either want more or the last point was awful and I feel like I just wasted my time reading the article.