The Only Person Holding You Back Is You

The Only Person Holding You Back Is You

We are fully responsible for our life and the decisions we make.

5
https://unsplash.com/photos/Vmr8bGURExo
Unsplash

We don't like being told that we are held responsible for the way our lives may turn out, but it's the truth. We often make excuses for ourselves. In some circumstances, problems may arise that are unavoidable, but that is no excuse to dwell on that by drowning yourself in self-pity, guilt, and regret.

Every single day is a blessing to be alive. We are fortunate enough to have the next day, next week, next month, and next year. There is always a tomorrow.

We get the chance to start over every day. Instead of living in regret and desperation, become responsible for your healing.

Taking time for yourself and self-reflecting is crucial when you're hungry for success. There is a right and a wrong way to self-reflect, though. During your healing, you must hold yourself and only yourself accountable. You must take advice from yourself to create a plan to heal your pain.

Self-reflecting often gets confused with taking a relaxation break. The difference is when you self-reflect, thinking is not the only aspect that comes into play. The best method to heal is practice.

When you're self-reflecting, think about what you should be held accountable for, then further evaluate yourself. Does this happen often? When you figure out the origin of the pain, apply it to your life. Find the cause of the pain and tackle it head-on.

The beautiful thing about self-reflecting is that humans are strong enough to turn heartbreak and pain into a lesson learned: a transformation, a growth spurt. The hardest step is coming to the realization that you are to be held responsible. Once you become strong and humble enough to realize that, the success becomes unmeasured.

The funny thing about life is the world is never going to stop for you. It's your responsibility to heal, recover, and begin again. No matter how sorry you feel for yourself or how sorry you make others feel for you, the world will keep turning as it did before your pain arose.

The only person holding you back is ultimately you! Hold yourself accountable. Realize that you are responsible, and begin again.