The Only Diet You Actually Need To Get The Body You'll Feel Happy In

Make this your year to shine!

15381
Liddy DiValerio

I remember a few years ago scrolling through Pinterest looking for a new diet or exercise regimen to discreetly try out — losing weight without my parents knowing that I was doing so.

"11 Lazy Girl Hacks That Will Help You Lose Weight Fast"

"How To Burn 1000 Calories"

"How To Lose 5 Pounds In 2 Days"

"Top 30 Fat Burning Superfoods"

Honestly, they did work. I lost weight fast. Then again, not eating and overexercising tends to do that. However, while the scale kept dropping, I never reached a point of contentedness that I thought I would. All I wanted was to keep going, to keep dropping that number. So, I looked up even more new diets and workout regimens.

At some point, I realized that it was never truly about the number. No specific number would make me happy. It never did and it never would.

So, I decided to come up with my own diet. Here are the rules.

1. Instead of counting calories, count the memories you make with loved ones while enjoying delicious foods 

2. Instead of cutting out carbohydrates, cut toxicity from your life

3. Instead of envying other people's bodies, appreciate the body that you are already blessed with

4. Instead of thinking about how you can improve your body, think about how you can improve your mind and soul

5. Instead of drinking diet teas, toast to special occasions with people you care about and love

6. Instead of working out to the point of exhaustion, work on spreading kindness to those around you 

7. Instead of watching what you eat, watch a sunrise, a new movie, your favorite show, or a sunset

This is your year to shine. Embrace it.