Online Shopping: My Guilty Pleasure

Online Shopping: My Guilty Pleasure

Discounts, sales and free shipping...oh my!

393
Online Shopping: My Guilty Pleasure
cmspromocheck.com

Online shopping...probably one of the greatest inventions ever.

There are so many clothing stores to choose from, but I always depend on my go-to stores to find the best prices. Some of my favorite online sites to shop are Old Navy, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe. Old Navy practically has sales and great discounts all throughout the year, so I always check to see what good deals are available.

Yes, there are many advantages to online shopping, especially when you're in college. It is extremely convenient for me since I do not have a car on campus. I can't always find a ride to the mall whenever I want to go, so online shopping allows me to just shop in the comfort of my own bed. Another advantage is during the holiday season when everybody and his or her mom is at the mall, online shopping could be an alternative if you want to avoid standing in the long checkout lines.

Another advantage is special codes that are only offered online. These codes can be coupons, discounts, etc. The app Retail Me Not is an awesome app where you can look for a certain store and see if there are any online codes that you can use. Looking for clothes online can be fun...adding clothing items in the cart like you are actually shopping. It's all fun and games until you get to the shipping part.

Unfortunately, shipping is one of the disadvantages of online shopping. Several times I would see a really inexpensive shirt online like maybe $10, and with the shipping and tax included, that $10 shirt became a $20 shirt just like that. Of course, I still bought the shirt since it was super cute!

Another disadvantage is the obvious: the fact that you can't try on the clothes. My rule for online shopping is to never buy shoes online because my feet are weird. In some shoes, I wear a 9, some a 9 and 1/2 and sometimes, a 10; it really depends. Besides the shoe problem, I've had pretty good luck shopping online and haven't had to return anything.

Whatever your preference, online shopping is definitely beneficial, but remember: too much of anything can be bad! Do everything in moderation!